Our research area is the Economy - Pedagogy provides the orientation lines. We work on diverse subjects that revolve around learning, development, and education of individuals in an economic context and try to keep a broad view on the field of business education and development. We deliver high quality contributions to research areas such as teacher education, corporate education, adult education, education management, and quality development in enterprises and in the field of education. Further we aim to present and publish our results nationally as well as internationally and transfer them to the workplace.
Principles and Topics in Research
The department’s research performance is generally attributed to the university’s research core area called Learning – Education – Knowledge. Members of the department engage actively in research projects belonging to this research core area and thus foster interdisciplinary research across faculty borders.
The following topics were defined as being central in the department’s research activities:
- Competence development
- Multidimensional teaching methods
- Subject related didactics
- Ethics in Business and Economy
- Corporate education
- Univeritary didactics and development
- Supranationality and Education
- Research in Vocational Education & Training (VET) and Teacher Training
- Competenceportfolio and Self-reflection
- Quality development and assurance in education
Research at the Department is:
- National as well as international
- Applied as well as fundamental
Links: (only available in German)
- Here you can find all news concerning the Erasmus+ project "PEN-QM - Sustainable Quality Management - to foster future-proof job skills of HEI learners"
- Forschungsportal (research gateway) der Universität Graz: Institut für Wirtschaftspädagogik
- Forschungsschwerpunkt Lernen - Bildung - Wissen
- 14. Österreichischer Wirtschaftspädagogik Kongress 2021